WHO I AM
My name is Cammessia. My friends call me Camm.
I am 42 yrs old. I am a survivor. I am a SLE lupus warrior. I am angel Mama.
Aphasia has robbed me of my ability to communicate at the level I once could. My eyesight and concentration have been affected by the last stroke. I was diagnosed with a stroke of the eye on friday.
This journey has tested my composure and my mental restraint. I am here to motivate others to find their strength and light during their journey.
I have a history of strokes. I had my first stroke 32 years ago. The doctors found the early stages of lupus and high blood pressure. Sadly, the doctors never checked for any other medical conditions until I was 19. I was misdiagnosed with blood cancer after losing my son. That was my 3rd stroke. I had several TIAs then at age 40; months after my birthday, I had the 4th stroke.
I now have 3 different medical teams assisting me.
MY ADVICE AND TIPS
- Seek Help
- Have the confidence to speak up
- Be present with your journey.,
- NOONE can tell your story. Always remember that your experience speaks louder and boldly, over anyone’s experience
- DON’T give up
- Always question what doesn’t make sense
- A second opinion or referral may bring you peace and clarity